Sunday, February 13, 2011

Getting locked up doesnt look like fun!!


I m sure most of us have imagined and in some cases even thought about how getting locked up might for some reason or another sounds/looks like fun ?. Well I clearly learnt that it isn’t today!  
Here’s my story.
 I was spending the weekend in my uncles house gorging on some delicious food and playing with absolutely adorable 9 month old cousin when this morning I realized that I had to catch my 11: 20 train back to Baltimore . By the time we got into the car to get to the metro it was already 10 55 and there was no possible way unless I were probably Zena, batgirl, wonder woman or superwoman(I m not sure if she exists ) could I make the  train so , after a phone call (and repeatedly told by the automated machine that my patience was highly appreciated ) of 25 minutes I changed my ticket to the 4 :25 pm train and went back to playing . At 3 thirty after a heavenly meal and a bit of snoring I woke up and it registered that I had to leave asap to take the metro to the station and catch my train. I got onto the metro at 4 and went from cursing to hoping, praying, begging to making really tall promises, that somehow, just somehow my train would get delayed. I reached the station at 4 23 ran and collected my ticket and followed the guy in front of me (I figured he was taking the same train too , he had this weird look in his eyes like his head or some other part of his body was going to explode or erupt, it kinda freaked me, out and my overactive imagination made me think he was a serial killer or rapist or something but yea it was funny to watch) so anyways back to my story so he just kept running and pushed open all closed doors and so did I ( we did get a lot of stares though and I did push aside some old/middle aged or other people who lacked my youth(I m not really proud of that!) but still) and ran out onto the platform and I was all ready to run behind the train and flag it down ( I sometimes still think I m in India ) when I couldn’t find it. Then this cop comes out with his gun! (okay it was more like a huge stick but I m still im  going to go with gun cause he had one in his holster) and he says “ Could both you please get back here “ and we do. He refuses to listen to our excuses and asks us for our ids and then states that he is going to lock us up for trespassing , the  frantic, moron  of a dude( who gets caught with me ) keeps arguing wih him as to how he has to catch a flight and blah , blah, blah . I on the other hand voluntariy gave him all my info including my address in India ( and I was hoping I wldnt I wldnt get locked up with this guy , no matter how many rom coms and stories I ve read about  two total strangers people falling in love and crap   this was not how I wanted my story to be!). The cop then delivered a very stern lecture as to how he was trained to look for trespassers and terrorists ! And I was mently like TERORIST !! ME ?! Okay this was getting out of hand , so I apologized and told him that I would never do it again and this was my first time in a strange country and then I kinda pretended that I didn’t know English very well to read instructions ( I m not sure he belived that part though!) and nodded to everything he said and left.  I then exchanged my ticket and one for the next train , after which I treated myself to a cup of Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Layer ice-cream  to replenish all the glucose I had metabolized during my heightened state of frenzy!! Its been a rather interesting start to the week I must say and the least I hope is to  stay out of the time out !

2 comments:

  1. Ha!!! I swear, there's a small category of things that can only happen to Mri, and this is one of them!
    And Mri, you thought getting locked up could be fun?!
    Lunatic! :D

    ReplyDelete